Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Saturday, September 11, 2004

In remembrance

I cannot give adequate voice to what happened three years ago, but I found a few things that did. This is not partisan or jokey, but I do highly recommend you read the transcript from the first Daily Show after the attacks. I can't put it any better than Stewart when he said:
The view from my apartment was the World Trade Center and now it's gone. They attacked it. This symbol of American ingenuity and strength and labor and imagination and commerce and it is gone. But you know what the view is now? The Statue of Liberty. The view from the south of Manhattan is now the Statue of Liberty. You can't beat that.
The entire transcript is equally brilliant.

Also in the aftermath, another unlikely source came forward to properly frame the aftermath: The Onion. Their first issue that arrived after the attacks included the brilliant article, "God Angrily Clarifies No-Kill Rule"

If you aren't already overloaded with memories of that day, read both. I will resume normal stuff, the stuff that by its very presence exemplifies our victory over those inhuman terrorists, and resume to exercise my freedom of speech. For now, I'm a bit under the weather, and nothing I write will be as good as what I am linking to. (not to say I may try to some day, but I will not today)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home