Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Monday, July 04, 2005

Figure of Eight

Paul McCartney's lyrics usually aren't very deep in their meaning, but I'll admit, I'm pondering the truth and the answers to the questions laid out by a song he released on 1989's Flowers In The Dirt, Figure Of Eight:

"Is is better to love another than to go for a walk in the dark?
Is it better to love than to give in to hate?
Yeah we'd better take good care of each other
Avoid slipping back off the straight and narrow,
It's better by far than getting stuck in a figure of eight."

Honestly, sometimes I do wonder if it's in fact better.

1 Comments:

  • Often have this song stuck in my head, I never thought about the lyrics.

    I liked the comparison you made with SFF.

    By Blogger jonsol, at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home