Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Thursday, July 29, 2004

More musings and yes a funny link!

First of all, the good stuff - I found this link on a dailykos diary that I have since lost, but here's Will Ferrell convincing me that one way or another, I'm really going to try to see Anchorman. This is a donation requesting ad, but man is it well done: Will Ferrell again as George W Bush BTW: This is legitimately funny, this is Will Ferrell doing his Bush impersonation which is always brilliant. This isn't like that annoying jibjab (or whatever site it was) flash animation.

Second of all, I got the midterm back.. I did horribly, but I was expecting even worse. The teacher was VERY generous in partial credit. (no, I'm DEFINITELY not complaining)

Third of all, the Daily Show was back mostly in form tonight. Very very glad to see this. When they are on, they are in my opinion, the best televised news coverage in the U.S. Which isn't to say that they are a good source. It is to say that the others are HORRIBLE. (though to be fair, you could argue for PBS and CSPAN)

Fourth of all, the Treo 600 is the coolest gizmo invented yet. I picked it up several months ago, and I'm still finding new applications for it. In my latest discoveries, I got movies on it via a secure digital card, and today I figured out how to get Air America Radio streamed onto it via its cell service from a ShoutCast site in Key West Florida! Now I can drive through LA and be able to listen to Liberal talk radio if I so choose. Though, unless they've improved a good deal since their inaugural 2 weeks (which is when LA actually had a station), I may not bother tuning in often except for maybe Al Franken's show. It's still very cool to know I can listen to internet radio while driving thanks to something smaller than an ipod that can also play music perfectly and movies, and take photos, and give me a wireless net connection to my laptop, and can run Java apps I write, and can edit documents, and can play nintendo games (though I do not have this installed since I know I would play them 24/7), and is also a very good phone with good reception and battery life, and can almost make me forget that I don't have a life. Gizmos rule!

Now to continue cramming and trying to find Edwards' speech...

(fixed the URL for Will Ferrell's "advertisement")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home