Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Friday, May 21, 2004

If the world will end in a whimper, how will this begin?

I am not sure what if anything will be the result of my excursion into the world of blogging, but throwing caution (and whatever semblance of privacy I still hold) to the wind, it begins. For starters, I'm curious if anyone randomly reading this knows: is it really safe to buy books for college courses in the US from off-shore (in this case British) online sites. There's a mathematics book that I need for a Math class I have this summer. It is $114 in the bookstore or through Amazon.com, but as far as I can tell less than half that (even including shipping!) if I get it through Amazon.co.uk
The lengths of the books are the same, as is the publishing date, so this seems like the book would be exactly the same... and I am cheap.. (ask anyone who knows me)

More thoughts later when/if I ever have any.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, that was shocking. I am still tweaking with settings, and found a comment. Yeah, I figure that shipping will be the problem, if any, but I figure even with a very bad exchange rate, and fairly high shipping, it will still be MUCH cheaper. This is always something I've meant to do, but haven't bothered to do. Especially given that I am ending my current job, saving money might be wise..

    And thank you for commenting!

    By Blogger Jim Casaburi, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home