Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Monday, August 09, 2004

Medicine and such (not political)

It turns out I did have a doctor's appointment today. Despite all of my medical issues for the last few years, I seem to be in ok shape for the most part. Somehow my blood pressure continues to be excellent. I still don't get why that is. My diet is horrible, and my exercise is infrequent. Most importantly, I'm a very high-strung person and with the current administration in power, I get ticked off often. (oops, ok, that was political) But according to all the charts I can find, 112/60 is a very good reading. (my cholesterol is also very good too) My x-rays show no real spine problems thankfully. I need to work a bit on some lower back exercises, and I have yet another set of neck exercises. Almost certainly the neck problem is muscular in nature given there is no other obvious problems at play and it's clear my neck/back muscles are hyper-tense. (which is also amazing in that it shows that I do have muscle, who would have thunk it?) In addition, it looks like whatever I have been suffering with on and off for the last 5 years that has so drastically impacted my energy levels seems to have largely passed. Indeed, I just pulled a semi-all nighter last night to finish some Java code for a research project at Harbor/UCLA. I'm tired now, but I'm quite able to function. This is SO much nicer than the 6 month periods where I could barely stay awake more than 3 hours a day.
So yay for health for the most part. Now to actually do something with myself. Actually, I'm thinking of going on a short trip to visit family in Arizona... It will be the closest thing I've had to a vacation in... well, I can't remember the last time actually. I'll resume ranting sometime soon, but for now I'm pretty pleased with these updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home