Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Enough CSS for tonight!

Well, this template looks better to me. It works under firefox and internet exploiter and has much more viewable content at 1600x1200 than the old one. It seems to scale down to about 800x600 tolerably. I doubt 640x480 will be nice on the sidebar. Eventually I may try to replace this with a simple table, but for now I'm sticking purely proportional. (which is why the sidebar gets so squished at lower resolutions) Let me know if there any problems with this. (yes, you... I'm talking to... umm.. ok, I suppose I'm not talking to anyone on here)

And yes, I like minimalist designs. It's easier for me, and I frankly like their look and functionality more.

2 Comments:

  • ...I almost went all grey, but that really was too much, I like the clean look...As one pseudo prof to another - nice work!

    By Blogger Professor Batty, at 7:56 PM  

  • No kidding on almost all gray! I still like some contrast as a visual cue, but only a little. I'm still working on my templates, but I am as a rule a believer in less is more. Of course, this has a lot to do with my involvement in a research group at Berkeley, GUIR (http://guir.cs.berkeley.edu/) (Group for User Interface Research) many years back and my course at CSULB in User Interfaces. If anyone wants a good primer on web site design, visit my UI professor's page at http://www.cecs.csulb.edu/~jewett/5keys/

    By Blogger Jim Casaburi, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home