Strawberry Fields Forever - Nothing is real

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Yay insomnia??

Wow, this has got to be one for the record books (for me). I was up VERY late last night, and around 3am, fiddling with trying to get Gentoo Linux loaded on my thinkpad, I had a "what-if" sort of idea. For some reason I decided to sketch out some details in Openoffice. Today I called my friend I've been working with on a business venture with, and gave him the document when I met him, his wife, and another friend for lunch. Literally within 5 hours I was having a dinner business meeting with his parents figuring out financing and the logistics to make it happen. Apparently several web domains were reserved today by the group for the idea (using the name I thought up at 3am!), and the basic system could be working in the not too distant future! (ie: 1 or 2 months)

I'm still a little dazed, partially because I did not get to sleep until 5am last night, partially from this weirdness, and also because I have classes starting tomorrow. In fact, I may have to do a last minute switch to another class if I cannot squeeze my way into the graduate networking class. Yet, this is still so amazingly weird. The idea my friend and I were working on (his idea) is now apparently somewhat on the backburner in favor of the sleep-deprived idea less than a day old.

When I know what I can and cannot say, I will likely write more about it. All I can say is that the idea is something I want to exist because I want to use it. Now to try to convince myself to get some rest instead of trying to try in vain to make a decent logo... (thankfully my utter lack of artistic ability will probably win out)

(see, I can write something non-political, though doubtless screeds will soon follow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home